Monday, October 16, 2006

DO YOU KNOW WHO WROTE THIS? "Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see."
I do. Many years ago I read this, wrote it on an index card and posted it on my refrigerator. Later on I even made a beautiful embroidery of the words in gold metallic threads with tiny little pearls accenting the word God.
Experiences and people have come and gone since then. I've found a profound truth lies hidden in that quote. So much of who I am today is a result of God-given experiences and folks encountered through the waters, fires, valleys and mountains. I've written and published many of those experiences. And oddly, or not, the greatest blessings have come forth from the times I've been broken by circumstance or been told the cold hard truth about myself.
By the way, the embroidery? I gave it to a mentor of mine. His wife says it still hangs in their bedroom. I learned alot from him. He had no vested interest in me. I was nobody really. But he took time to advise and encourage.
I wonder. Do you have someone who's made a life-changing impact upon your life? What's their significance to you now? Please email me your thoughts on this question in under 300 words. email at SelahVexchange@aol.com. I'd love to hear from you. For today, that's what matters to me. selahV

2 Comments:

Blogger peter lumpkins said...

SelahV

Got your story about the little encouragement you received. Very good. God will continue to use you.

With that, I am...

Peter

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful quote! I think it's very true, and we are so much more blessed when we tune into the Holy Spirit and trust that He is at work in our lives. Many times I've ignored that prompting to speak to someone or share, because I was--insert excuse here..too busy..not in the mood etc, and later I realized I missed a chance to bless and be blessed.

Thank you for sharing these thoughts. They are a reminder to me to be more aware of people who come into my life, and an encouragment to remember all those who didn't ignore the spirit and were a blessing to me.

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home