Friday, October 27, 2006

DO YOU ALWAYS SAY WHAT YOU MEAN?

I try to. I want to be understood. But then again, I don't always understand me, so how can I expect others to?

Sometimes I find myself speaking or writing in all kinds of colors. Shading white with grey when I want it to be black. It wasn't till I started blogging that I found out that red was the color that seemed to attract people. (OR inflame according to folks that analyze colors.) With bloggers, red is the color of a fish that leads readers away from the actual intent of another's point. Me? Well, for the most part I try to write in black and white. But ever so often, I write in grey because I get to fretting I'll offend someone's sensibilities. Or to write it like I see it...will have them hating not my words but me. (that blasted inferiority complex I battle)

It's like every word one says or writes anymore is up for a constitutional debate on political correctness. I want to play in the game, like my friend, Dani Lee, but I really don't like the way folks play the game. The rules keep changing. In the middle of the game. Mid-sentence, so to speak.

I don't know why a person can say one thing and mean it exactly the way they say it. Then, for some reason, the folks that hear it or read it, get a totally different meaning from the speaker's intentions. But it happens...every day. In press conferences and recliners. In kitchens and bedrooms. In Congress and Senate. In the White House and the outhouse. In Red states and Blue states. In Bagdad and Jerusalem. In Pulpits and Pews. In books and in blog sites.

But one thing is certain. It's as clear, to me, as an Oklahoma sky on a cloudless day. The Bible means one thing. The Speaker makes clear His intentions. And if anyone gets confused or thinking black isn't black or white isn't white, then they are absolutely on the wrong Website. God understands exactly who He is and that is what truly matters.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen Selah! God understands Who He is, and that is all that matters.

Thank you for blogging your thoughts Selah, they are very good.

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home